With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, Active Travel are happy to help book a last minute trip with that someone special.
I am due to visit Prague for Valentine’s this year and I can’t wait, I have been reading up about it all month and it seems there is a lot to do. The cities below are great all year round, not just for Valentine’s Day and are perfect if you fancy a quick getaway or a weekend break! All of the hotels detailed are available to Friends & Family members at a 25% discount. I have included a list of a few must see’s and, as you can see I enjoy a River Boat Cruise!
Venice is located in the marshy Venetian Lagoon, a world Heritage site which stretches along the shoreline, between the mouths of the Po and the Piave Rivers. Venice is renowned for the beauty of its setting, architecture, and artwork.
Things to do:
- River Boat/River Taxi – Surrounded by Water and to get to the main tourist areas where all the hotels/shops are located, you can hop on a River Boat for as little as €10. Feeling Flash? Why not splash the cash (excuse the pun) for a special occasion and hire your own Private River Taxi for €250.
- Gondola – Soak up all the sights on a private Gondala which takes you all around Venice allowing you to relax and unwind. You can hire them for 30 or 60 minutes, averaging at €60-€100. However, do negotiate, I managed to get a 30 minute ride for €40 and it is so worth it!
Active can offer Hotel Monaco, a beautiful 4* boutique hotel with breath taking views over the Grand Canal.
Each room is individually designed; elegant with a modern twist.
Situated on the River Seine, Paris offers beautiful restaurants and stunning architecture. Perhaps a visit to the Jardin des Plantes, the main botanical garden in Paris, with beautiful plants, perfect for a romantic walk.
Things to do:
- Notre Dame Cathedral – This cathedral is widely considered to be one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture, it is among the largest and most well-known Cathedrals in the world
- Musée du Louvre – For any art lovers, this museum contains more than 380,000 objects and displays 35,000 works of art all in one building, pretty impressive!
- Open Top Bus Tour – Hop on a bus and admire all the elegant architecture. Take in the striking landmarks with magnificent views, this is the perfect way of seeing what Paris has to offer
- The Eiffel Tower - Here you can get the lift to the first floor or if you are brave enough, get it to the top and be rewarded with all the amazing sights of Paris in one go. Do book in advance if you wish to miss the queues
This traditional hotel with a 19th-century facade is a 2-minute walk from the Jardin des Tuileries (which can be viewed from all rooms) and a short walk from the Musée du Louvre.
“Culture, Elegance & Style”
Prague is the capital and largest city of the Czech Republic. It is also the historical capital of Bohemia. Situated in the north-west of the country on the Vltava River, Prague is a political, cultural, and economic centre of Europe.
Things to do:
- River Boat Cruise – Take in all the sights, by day or night, with dinner and drinks accompanied by a jazz band, or with a tour guide explaining all you need to know
- Pub Tour – Explore the Old Town and discover some of the more traditional Prague taverns. Includes a hotel pick up, pub dinner and beers, plus a few tall stories
- Wenceslas Square –This is the vibrant area of the City filled to the brim with hotels, restaurants, bars and nightclubs. It is the entertainment and nightlife centre of Prague, and the main shopping district
The Alchymist Grand Hotel & Spa
This Luxurious hotel is located just a few steps away from Prague Castle and the Charles Bridget. A 5 star boutique hotel with luxury charm reflecting the historical character.
Fancy staying closer to home?
Rather than a weekend away, how about a nice romantic night in London?
The ME Hotel
A block from the River Thames, this high-end avant garde hotel is a 5 minute walk from both Covent Garden and Temple tube station. The ME Hotel features a stylish steak restaurant (STK), and the chic Radio Rooftop bar.
The Royal Park Hotel
The Royal Park is a central London boutique hotel and is a haven of elegance amidst the hustle and bustle of central London. All rooms offer lovely views over leafy Westbourne Terrace or the historic buildings of the area. Located close by for a lovely walk in Hyde Park, or perfect for people who fancy a shopping spree on Oxford Street.